On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 andy at theasis.com wrote:

> Pine's awesome, but mutt's better. Given that I make that claim while
> still primarily using pine (the intention is there, but the switching cost
> needs to be handled at a convenient time), I'd like to say that I
> recognize that the problem is not the fault of mutt designers; rather,
> it's my own ingrained habits which need to be overcome by relearning or
> accomodated by configuring the .rc file. The designers of mutt had a
> bigger functionality set in mind, and were coming from different
> backgrounds, so it's excusable for them to not give such high priority to
> adopting pine interface features.

Regardless of "pine interface features", they made a *single keystroke*
throw out all changes made in the current session, without confirmation,
by default. This is *CRAPPY* UI design. I cannot justify taking the time
to find out what other mistakes they have made when I have a perfectly
usable alternative.

I have used Netscape for mail in preference to mutt, because even though
it is feature-poor, it at least doesn't make me start my session over
on a single keystroke.

Dan