I know that it is configurable (and knew then), I just feels like the
writers of mutt don't _want_ people who are used to pine switching over.
It is easy to avoid software when you feel that the writers don't want
you to use it.

Pine may have a crappy license, but it has been written since day 1 to
be easy to use (for tenured English profs and the like), and still
have features that experienced users want.  It isn't perfect, but I like
it.

Dan