> There has been discussion on TCLUG lists about how most cable
> companies
> don't let you run services from your connection. That may or may not
> matter to you, but it does to many.

On the other hand, if you have a fat pipe at work, and make nice with the
network guys (if you're not one of em), you can set up a VPN into work, and
have them NAT your box at home to one of their public addresses.  Then you
run your server from your house, but they can't tell because all of the
traffic is going through your tunnel into work.  If you have a crappy ping
time from your cable modem to work though, it will most likely suck pretty
bad.  Most people here have under 30ms ping times, so it wouldn't be too
bad.  I tried it with my DSL just to see if it would work, and it worked
just fine.  :)

Jay