Howdy!

I was working on a project for a prof, which he was developing on
BeOS.  I'm no longer working on it, but am still in regular contact with
him.  Certain practical matters came up which helped me convince him to
move to Linux.

Anyhoo, the closest I get to an IDE (if I have choice) is M-x speedbar, but
he is stuck hard on buttons, projects, and that whole lot.  He also has
other rather practical reasons for wanting an IDE.

I know of many IDEs, but have never used them.  I'm wondering what the
developers on this list use, and if you could sort of list the good and bad
points, etc.

Thanks a ton, and he'll appreciate your time as well.

-

Ryan