Question, why did you "buy" five IP's.  I would love to know what you plan
to do with them. I have one IP and route my other two computers through
Linux to the internet.  As for tech(no)support, I would not be surprise if
you were right about them passing the phone around.  The sad thing is that I
know as much about networking as there level one and two people do and the
only training I had was a semester of networking at St. Paul Tech and the
course was not that great either.

Other information:
I have two NICs registered with ATT Broadband (mediaone).  They allow you to
have up to three registered, you can only use them one at a time.

Try putting a second NIC in your Linux machine and try connecting, say your
laptop, through it out to the internet.  I have hard coded the IP address
for the intranet because that is the only way I know how to do it right now.
I am using 192.168.0.1 through 192.168.0.3.  I don't need to access the
other two machines from outside my home so this setup works well.

As per the warning I received yesterday.  Here is my message in plain text,
thanks to all for not flaming me.

John Miller
Dain Rauscher Inc.
Application Services