> Of course, some people behind certain firewalls can only do
> passive mode
> transfers - and you can't blame them for that.

The people using the server though are either hitting it internally, or
going through one of our own firewalls, which handles ftp without requiring
passive mode.

I joined the proftpd mailing list, and no one has anything.  However, rc3
will be out soon after a small security fix in the CVS version.  Of course,
I haven't seen any news or anything on their site since July, so who knows
how long it will be.

Jay