From: d.j. callais [mailto:djx at mediaone.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 9:54 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] ATT Broadband

This question may or may not have been answered before. I recently got a
cable modem courtesy of AT&T (mediaone). When I try to connect with my RH
7.0 box i keep getting the error timed out waiting for a valid DHCP server
response. I have researched this online and have come up with the advice
that dhcpcd needs the -h option with a mysterious hostname i.e Cxxxxxx-a,
which the AT&T helpless desk  knows nothing about. I would really like some
help on this before I go insane. Thank you in advance.

D.J. Callais
djx at mediaone.net

P.S. My windoze box connects fine. Exact same NIC as the linux box.