Passive mode is hosed in rc2.  The people who need to use this are
journalists, typing anything which comes even remotely close to an ftp
command is incomprehensible to them.  They have a pretty GUI interface one
that runs under windows and getting some of them to click on "Advanced
properties" to disable passive mode transfers was harder than explaining
quantum physics to a retarded monkey.

I need to get it patched or I'll be up all night with phonecalls explaining
to them how to disable passive mode on their client.  >:(