For some stupid reason, PHP that comes bundled with Mandrake 7.2 doesn't
have jpeg support.  I tried compiling it in, I recompiled GD with support
for it, and installed it.  Now I have to recompile PHP for it.  There is an
option "--with-jpeg-dir=<some directory>".  What do I use for this?  Here's
where all of the stuff from libjpeg-6b is installed:

/usr/include/jconfig.h
/usr/include/jerror.h
/usr/include/jmorecfg.h
/usr/include/jpeglib.h
/usr/lib/libjpeg.a
/usr/lib/libjpeg.la
/usr/lib/libjpeg.so
/usr/bin/cjpeg
/usr/bin/djpeg
/usr/bin/jpegtran
/usr/bin/rdjpgcom
/usr/bin/wrjpgcom
/usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
/usr/share/man/man1/cjpeg.1.bz2
/usr/share/man/man1/djpeg.1.bz2
/usr/share/man/man1/jpegtran.1.bz2
/usr/share/man/man1/rdjpgcom.1.bz2
/usr/share/man/man1/wrjpgcom.1.bz2

Examples that I have seen use /usr/local, but none of my stuff is in
/usr/local, since it needs this stuff at compile time, I can put just
/usr/lib or /usr/include, because it needs stuff from both of them.  Has
anyone had to deal with compiling PHP with jpeg support before?

I tried using /usr, but that didn't work.

Jay Austad
Network Administrator
CBS Marketwatch
612.817.1271