I just tried overlay vs. GrabDisplay and overlay only takes about 2-4% cpu,
grabdisplay takes about 12% and the quality isn't quite as good.  Although,
with overlay in xawtv, there is one line of crap towards the top of the
picture.  It's not that noticable, but it annoys me.

Does xawtv have auto channel discovery?  I can't find it.

Jay