I had a "secret squid proxy" setup at a place where we host some machines.
Some of our employees had to work in this other office and their Windows
proxy died about 7 or 8 times each day, and it would take them 30 minutes or
so to finally reboot it.  All of the people in their company started using
my secret proxy that I put there also.  This went on for a little over a
year, then they figured it out when they tried to block Napster in their
proxy but people were still using it.  Over 1000 Established connections
to/from that proxy at any given time during the day, and it never once had
any problems, and it never took more than 1% on the CPU.  They pulled the
plug on it though now.  :(

Jay