* Timothy Wilson <wilson at visi.com> [010117 15:50]:
> Can we set an MX record for isd197.k12.mn.us and isd197.org pointing to the
> same IP address along with an MX record for students.isd197.org pointing to
> a different IP address? How should we approach this?

@       IN      MX      10      firstbox-hostname
firstbox-hostname       IN      A       ip.goes.here.damnit
students        IN      MX      10      secondbox-hostname
secondbox-hostname      IN      A       ip.goes.here.damnit

If you wanted students.whatever to be a different webserver, or for it
to go back to the main webserver (name based hosting!)

www     IN      A       ip.for.webserver
(or) www        IN      CNAME   hostname-of-www-box-that-isn't-named-www
student IN      CNAME   www

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

"Kupo, kupkup, kupopo...  Po... Kupo!?  KUPOPO!!!
	<Chomp chomp> Kupooo."
		-Moguta (FFIX)