On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 03:23:20PM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> > Can we set an MX record for isd197.k12.mn.us and isd197.org pointing to the
> > same IP address along with an MX record for students.isd197.org pointing to
> > a different IP address? How should we approach this?
>
> Sure can.  That's even a fairly normal sort of thing to do with MXes.  Do you
> maintain your own DNS zones or do you have an ISP handling them for you?

I suspected that it was a routine matter. Our school district uses TIES, a
local education-focused ISP and education-related enterprise computing
services. (Hey, I should write their brochures.) Unfortunately, my
experience with them has been poor at times. It's one of those things where
it's nice to make the call knowing full well that what you're asking them to
do will work.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/