OK, impulse buy at Office Despot.  I found that I couldn't live without
the Linksys PCMCIA NIC that had no dangly cord -- it's an
integrated jack.  With two children under 3, this is heavy duty
cable stealth technology!

It rang up $40 cheaper than marked on the shelf!  Figgered I'd get home
and put it in the laptop that's been running a dangly ethernet card, and
probably spend a while messing with card services and drivers.  So I
plugged it into the other PCMCIA slot so I'd still have access to the
debian mirror, and gosh darn it -- now I had eth0 and eth1 active!  I
didn't have to do any installation, tweaking or anything.  It happened to
use the same ne2000 compatible drivers as the dlink it replaced.

Now that's how things are supposed to work, right?  I think it was too
easy... waiting for the other shoe to fall. <g>

Cheers,
Phil M

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous