I have a computer that has on one partition windows and on the other Linux
(Mandrake 7.0 I think) Now i downloaded the new kernel 2.4.0 under windows
and saved it to a folder on my HD. If I then reboot and start under linux
and mount the dos partition I can access that same file.Do i need to move
the 2.4.0 kernel to the linux partition before i do anything with it? Or
does it not matter? Can I just unzip it and move it later to the /home
directory under root? And that command might be:

cd /mnt/Dos_hda1

$ cp hda1/[file name] /home (This could be completly wrong)

or should i use:

$ mv /Dos_hda1/mydownloads/Kernel /home

Essentially copying or moving files from one partition to another.

Chris