Hi,

I'm trying to use a Toshiba 430 laptop loaded with Slackware 7.1 as a
debug terminal. I've been trying to use minicom with a direct connection
to the target computer which is dumping serial data. Minicom for some
reason is only displaying some of the data but not all so I'd like to
build a much smaller program that just dumps the data arriving at the
serial port, ttyS0 to a file so I can debug the problem. I know the data
is being sent because I can connect the cable to another laptop running
Win95/qmodem and I get all the info sent.

My question is how can I set up Perl to attach to ttyS0? Do I just
treat it as a file at /dev/ttyS0?

Thanks for tolerating a newbe question,

-John