Mail::Bulkmail is a very good module for your mass emailing needs. I have been
using it for quite some time and it's commercial quality stuff. Download from
cpan.
For passwords and access controls there may also be some modules as well
(cpan.org). It's not suggested to mess with access control using cgi scripts
for security reasons (unless you are very good with perl & cgi concepts).

Apu