Andrew Nemchenko wrote:

> The thing is is that I have tried just taking the card out and it still
>
> frezes at pcmcia at boot up.

I had a problem like this too, turns out the probing for available IO
space that PCMCIA did was hanging this particular laptop hard. The
solution was to turn off all the resource probing. But of course I
couldn't find any way to do this in RedHat's install so I installed
slackware, which had the same problem but at least I could hack the boot
disk and fix it. I think I still have a copy of the config somewhere...

But the latest PCMCIA doesn't seem to have this problem anymore anyway,
at least on this laptop...