>From: Dave Kleist <dkleist at acm.org>
>
>Quick question:
>
>Something in my feeble brain seems to remember reading something about
>using two identical NIC cards in a box makes it more difficult to set up a
>firewall.  Is this right or am I just mishmashing stuff in my brain?

I suppose if you're using very dumb non-plug-n-play NICs you could run into resource conflicts, and you'll need to be sure to set up the modules properly (there a FAQ on it somewhere).  If you have the MACs of the cards written down you can just do an ifconfig -a to tell which is eth0 and which is eth1.

Does Debian net install allow you to choose which of the network cards to perform the install over?

--
Carl Patten

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/