I just got a new optical scroll wheel 5 button dexxa mouse. I have
mandrake 7.2 and setup Xfree-3.3.6 as below. The scroll wheel works fine,
but The forth and fifth buttons don't registered (at least grab in sawfish
doesn't see them, so I can't asign them). I tried changing to

ZAxisMapping 6 7

and then running

exec xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"
from /etc/X11/xinit/xinit

(as I read somewhere), but that just killed my scrollwheel but didn't get
me the extra buttons. Any ideas? Would switching to XFree-4.0.2 make a
difference?

Thanks,

Ben

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5
    Buttons 7
# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    ChordMiddle

EndSection