>I bet many vendor web sites don't bother even encrypting your CC info in
>their databases...

Awhile back, I was trying to help with a really sweet PHP shopping cart
(http://www.theexchangeproject.org).  One of the fields in the database at
the time stored the credit card number unencrypted.  I don't know if they've
changed it since, but I know if I had started using that shopping cart,
there's no way in hell I would have stored card numbers.  Plus, no one would
give me a merchant account anyway since I have crappy credit.  :(

I'll probably be setting up http://www.peltiercoolers.com sometime within
the next couple of months and just end up using a Paypal business account.

Jay

http://www.visi.com/~tneu --