> > I was trying to order a dozen blue lacrosse balls for my dog :-)
>
> Sounds like you have a dog like mine.

The snow and the woods account for a good number. It's important to have
high contrast colors for the season.

> Our soultion is when visiting tennis
> courts (espically those in health clubs) and grabbing the balls that were
> thrown out. There was once when we came home with a hopper full of tennis
> balls (they were horrible for tennis, but perfect for the dog.)

It's a nice find, but note that there are 2 potential sources of harm in
tennis balls for dogs:
   - The fuzz is actually abrasive, and tends to wear down the enamel of
     the dogs' teeth.
   - There are some nasty chemicals in the fuzz. It does wear off from
     time the ball is new, but never completely.

I've even heard reports (Knew some folks at Cornell vet school) of large
dogs distorting the balls enough that they could partially swallow them
and choke.

Lacrosse balls are nice because, aside from getting lost, they last quite
a long time.

> Unfourtanatly, the wooded areas and lawnmowers have taken care of that
> collection. :)

One day I'll have to go back in the woods and see if I can recover a dozen
or so.

Andy