> 	how does the CD run, then? are the errors in between
> files, so when
> reading the files themselves, they skip over the 'bad' spots?

The CD runs just fine.  The must insert the errors in empty spots on the
disk or something.  I think it's somewhat similar to the copy protection
used for playstation games.  The playstation's is somewhat different though
as it makes the cd burner choke.  The protection on The Sims and some other
PC games makes the reader choke when trying to grab a bit for bit copy.

Jay