> Yeah, well, I haven't had much luck with the auto-configure system
> working properly..
	I've actually had very good luck with it in the past. it tends to
generate a working (if basic) configuration pretty reliably. (done on a
S3Trio and also a Matrox Mystique/S3Savage dual-head).

> You can try my config file if you like:
> http://www.tc.umn.edu/~hick0088/files/XF86Config-4
	thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

could it be that the G450 just isn't supported by X very well yet? have to
try a CVS snapshot, and see if that's better.

it didn't seem to work well with X3.3.6, either; but I didn't test that very
extensively.

I ought to try it with 3.3.6 VGA mode, and see if i can get *some* sort of
video output. otherwise I'll suspect it as broken. :(

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises