On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Andy Zbikowski wrote:

> Instead of having /dev/cdrw you'll most likely want to sym link /dev/hdc
> (/dec/scd0, or whatever your drive shows up as) to /dec/cdrw ( ln -s
> /dev/scd0 /dev/cdrw ) as adding/removing devices may change the location of
> your drive sometime down the road.

I'm already using a sym link.

> fstab would be the same as your cdrom:
> /dev/cdrw /mnt/cdrw iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0 0

I guess this is where I'm confused. Isn't the whole point of having a CD-RW
(emphasis on the "W") so you can write on it? If I put 'ro' in fstab, how
will that affect things. Also, can't I put an ext2 filesystem on it?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/