> its really designed for links that are usually up.  BGP flaps aren't
> exactly elegant things.

DSL links are usually up (at least mine is, and it gets monitored 24/7).
Won't it only get marked as flapping if it's going up and down every couple
of minutes?  You obviously wouldn't want to peer with any links like a
dialup or isdn, good luck getting a bgp session over a dialup or isdn
anyway.  :)

It might be worthwhile to build a backbone network using BGP, and something
else for links branching off of that.  I really want to experiment with
wireless though, either 802.11 or laser if I can find some.

Jay