> Everything I've been doing lately is Ogg, however, the oggenc encoder is
> pretty slow.  A 4 minute song takes about 4 mins to encode on a PII 450.  Of
> course, the last time I used LAME, it was about equally as slow.

And you think thats slow? mp3enc takes a good day or so to encode an
entire CD on a celeron 333. I use LAME for 128kbps icecasting and it
takes a good 0.5-1.0% CPU time...

LAME rocks lately. Grab the latest beta.

Too bad libc5 seems to be horribly broken with RH7's glibc update. I
managed to get it working by using the libc5 rpm from RH6.2, after
symlinking /lib/ld-linux.so.1 to so.2, but the updated glibc that stops
xmms from crashing seems to have broken libc5...

Which means I can't use mp3enc anymore. BLARGH! Suppose I could try
grabbing the win32 version and let wine work its voodoo magic...