I don't have any experience with Oracle or Domino, so I can't say
anything about those.

As for Linux distributions, the only one that you do not want is
Mandrake, which is acceptable only for desktop systems on private or
heavily firewalled networks, imo. All the other big ones (Red Hat,
SuSE, Slackware, Debian) can be made to work just fine for you. These
days I like Slackware best, but if IBM tested Domino on RHL, that
points you to RHL.

The only thing you should question is whether or not Apache is really
what you need. Apache is not especially fast or efficient, but it is
featureful. Only use it if you need the features it offers (things
like PHP). There are certain cases where a lighter-weight server like
thttpd or mathopd will serve you better.

If Domino can serve HTTP, and you are already committed to using it,
you may find it better to run one big server application than two.

Also, it is common to have multiple web servers in high-volume
situations: you might have a front-end server running Apache with PHP,
mod_perl or something similar for dynamic content, and then a second
server serving only static files. For that static file server,
mathopd, publicfile or thttpd will give you serious
performance. publicfile is as fast as loading the files locally, in
many situations (!!). It seems to defy the laws of network topology.

<http://cr.yp.to/publicfile.html>
<http://www.mathopd.org/>

Good luck!

--