Meghan_E_Kennedy at eFunds.com wrote:

> I'm using Mandrake7.2, which is apparently notorious for not having basic
> commands like "gcc" and "make" as part of their initial install.
>
> I have "make", and it's working, but although gcc-2.95.2 is installed, the
> command doesn't work.  I'm guessing it's either missing from the path, or I
> need a link somewhere (/usr/bin ?) or something...
>
> Could someone help me understand what I might need to do in order to get
> this working?  I'm trying to update my pcmcia-cs module, and I need this
> command!!
>
> :)  Meghanroot at raven

there are two links

/root # ls -l /usr/bin/gcc
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           21 Feb 10 10:03 /usr/bin/gcc ->
/etc/alternatives/gcc*
root at raven /root # ls -l /etc/alternatives/gcc
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           19 Feb 10 10:03
/etc/alternatives/gcc -> /usr/bin/gcc-2.95.2*

You can always type gcc-2.95.2 instead of gcc, if you're in a hurry.

Paul Rech