On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 03:27:26PM -0600, Austad, Jay wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a utility for verifying MP3 files under Linux?  I
> > had some disk corruption a while ago, and I'd like to find all of my
> > broken sound files so I can re-rip and encode them.
>
> xmms plus a wireless beam of acoustic waves to 2 human audio input
> detectors.  :)

a friend of mine once gave me a really serendipitous piece of audio artwork.
It was a .mod of Nine Inch Nails's "Head Like a Hole"; which someone had
accidentally deleted, then recovered, with a good degree of corruption in
the first few seconds. thing is, the corruption actually sounded *really
cool* with that song. :) it was sort of a deep, grinding, crunching noise...
turned out to be a good compliment to the original tune.

I think I must have deleted the file at some point, because I can't find it
anymore.

If Mike Osterlie is reading this, does he still have a copy? :>

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises