My old TNT2 is starting to crap out on me, so I ran out and bought a
Matrox G450 w/32mb DDR memory, dual VGA-out, etc...  Anyway, I can't get this
thing to work with X _at all_.  Anyone have one of these cards?  I'm
running RedHat 7.0 and XFree 3.3.6.  I ran Xconfigurator to set the card
up, but when it gets to testing the Xserver, my screen goes blank and my
machine becomes unresponsive.  Only a power-cycle will bring it back.

So, I booted into single user and edited the XF86Config by hand.
Everything looks normal.  Using XF86_SVGA, no modules or anything.  I've
tried just running it in 8-bit color at 640x480, but I get the same result:
total hang.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RH7 seems to install XFree4 as well as 3.3.6.  How can I make it use 4 by
default instead of 3.3.6?

TIA,

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I know everything there is to know about monkeys since I have seen
 every Tarzan movie ever made!"
				- Ren Hoek in "Monkey See, Monkey Don't"