> I want to boot into windoze on hda while a ext2 resides on hdb as say,
> the slave.
> Can I mount the ext2 partition over the network from a remote Linux box.

So you want to mount the linux drive on hdb on a remote computer while
the host computer is in Linux? Well, yes and no. No because Windows
doesn't understand ext2 filesystems or NFS. (Without extra drivers
anyway.) Yes because a ext2 filesystem driver for windows is at
http://www.yipton.demon.co.uk/content.html (Win95, search google for
other windows versions.) and because Linux understands SMB.

You should note that there is no security with the ext2fs for windows
drivers, so you can see everything. (maybe not a good idea if the
windows box isn't secure!) but the driver is read only so no damage can
really be done.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132