Hiya,

> Alright, I have a Mac Performa 630 I want to install debian on. But the
> problem I'm having is partitioning. If someone could bring some System
> 7.6 or so install disks/CDs that would be great, and/or maybe an
> external SCSI disk to back up the existing system and various apps that
> are on it to...

I'm planning on bringing a whole m68k setup, and since you asked, I'll haul
along a few extra bits.. I use OnTrack Disk Manager for mac to partition for
*nix OSes. I'll bring my m68k Potato and Slink base sets, and system 7.01 and
7.6 as well. NetBSD 1.5 m68k too, if anyone wants it.

> And does anyone know if a 630 will work with a 500mb+ disk? (Read: LBA?)
> The one in it now is only 250mb... Yes this is probably the earliest
> that apple started using IDE...

Macs usually don't have problems with IDE disks, that's more the legacy of
Intel BIOS.

--

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-