Thought I'd mention this as there was some interest recently on running Linux
from a bootable CD rom. The latest Linux Journal has an article on just such
a distribution which was put together by a fellow in Spain, to use in a
teaching environment.

He created two versions, one 650MB and one abbreviated to 220MB. The distro
is called 'Maragda' and it's based on RedHat (imagine that). Anyway, I've
played with it and it seems like a good effort - kind of a 650MB Tom's
rtbt... :)

Here is the download link:

http://navel.eugan.upv.es/maragda

(Navel?)

--

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-