On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:38:08AM -0600, Michael Hicks wrote:
> I do have a question, and I didn't see it covered in the docs. Can
> you use an IDE writer just using 'cdrecord dev=/dev/hdd'?

I looked under /usr/share/doc/cdrecord and found the file titled
"README.ATAPI.gz".  Looking inside, I found a wealth of info which
basically amounts to this: you need to enable ATAPI-SCSI support in
the kernel.  You may have to add an "append=" line to your lilo config
or grub config.  You then use -scanbus as an option for cdrecord as
was described earlier.  You will also need the SCSI Generic device
drivers as well.  Make sure the /dev/sg* devices are present.

Good luck.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD