Hi

A coupla days ago I asked about formatting a zip drive so that it could be read
by a mac, nt, and linux. I've finally managed to get the thing working
correctly. Thanks to Kevin Bullock, Troy Johnson and Andy Zbikowski (sorry
about the spelling, but hey, I tried). All pointed me in the right direction as
far as where MY error was (seems it's always that way :( ). I tried formatting
and partitioning so many ways on so many different devices I couldn't remember
what I'd done or why. Nothing seemed to make sense, which usually means I've
done something pretty stupid AGAIN. The answer was to simply to either format
it in NT as fat or partition it in linux as fat and then mkfs it as vfat (seems
I must've tried that a few times, but who knows). Anyway, it works just fine
now. Of course, the mac still has a problem with the CR/LF thing, but I don't
think I'm going to worry about that as I don't really know of a way to deal
with it.

To answer the leftover questions, the disk was not being served out. When
mounted, the device looks like a regular disk drive, though I've changed that
to the zip.png file. Most of my machines are dual boots with a zip drive on
them, and we also have macs around, so this will make a convenient way to get
medium sized files between them.

I hate it when I stumble over my own 2 feet! Thanks for the help.

Ed Hoeffner
1-271 BSBE
312 Church St. SE
Mpls, MN 55455