Yes, I have to agree that DSL uptime can be real pain...when the company
relies on that little copper pair as a "lifeline" to the outside world.
We've got several clients who have DSL service from other providers and
have us deal with the web site/e-commerce/marketing/consulting.  It's
almost funny to have them explain how dependent they are on that
connection and the fact they've given *no consideration* for a backup
means of connecting to the 'net in the event of an outage.

...then I go into the story about why we have a T1 vs a DSL....
<begin alphabet soup>
"No SLA for DSL" -- bad
"100% uptime SLA for T1" -- good <only about 3x the price too>

mission critical and DSL don't go in the same sentence.

<slaps forehead>
sorry for rambling...it's a slow Monday

MK