Hey everyone,

We ordered our new Web server today at school. This machine will end up
hosting all the Web pages for the district and running mailman to provide
listserv capabilities for teachers and their classes.

This will be my first "real" server install that will be providing Internet
services on a large scale. I really want to do things right.

I think I'd like to give LVM a try on this beast. It has Compaq's RAID
controller which is supported in the kernel. We're getting two 18GB SCSI
disks and plan to mirror them. I'm assuming that the RAID controller will
take care of that. My question is regarding installing a system with LVM
from the beginning.

How would I do this on a Debian install?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/