I'm trying to get it so that my laptop detects whether or not my
external Zip is connected or not at bootup.  Is it the rc.sysinit file
that I modify?  I'm running SuSe 7.0, I think they link to another file
though.  modprobe imm is the command I use for detecting the zip after
bootup.

Secondly, IBM is supposed to be dumping all this money into Linux
development.  So why can't they make it easy in trying to find driver
for my laptop?  The only options they give in drivers are Windows...
Simply looking for drivers for my soundcard is all.  Haven't tried alsa
or Sox or whatever is available.  Haven't had time.  I took Slackware
7.1 off and put SuSe back on due to time constraints.  Needed to get
things running on my laptop in a hurry.

Thanks,

Shawn