Has anyone had the pleasure of loading wincrap on a drive that previously
housed llinux?
I have had mild sucess with this. But I have a very stubborn WD that will
not forget the mbr of its previous life. I zero filled the drive and still
nothing. It shows the classic symptoms of a virus i.e. master boot record
modified  ide drivers corrupt,,,,that sort of thing. But no virus found , at
least not at antivirus.com. Maybe I just need some better quality herb or
something, but I think lilo and win do not get along real nicely.
Incidentally, I had a simular situation on an NTFS drive. I was able to
repair the mbr and recover the data. But that was a different situation.
Still stemming from lilo and win.

-Spencer Underground