On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 06:24:06PM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> "Hackers" Interviews with teens, security experts, and law enforcement
> officials reveals the insecurities of the Internet.
>
> Airs tonight at 9:00 on channel 2 and on Wed. at 10:00 on channel 17.

I just finished watching it.  I flipped over it after Dark Angel and
decided to stay on the channel.  I thought it was really well done.  The
piece showed hackers not as criminals but as... well... hackers.  I
guess I've been working with computers too long because "hacker" is one
of those words that just is.  Frontline explained how easy it is to get
scripts and who script kiddies are.  They also showed off DefCon and
some of the heavy thinking that goes on there.  The program came off
saying (to me), "You don't have to like these kids, but you have to
admit that they're right."

Anyway, I would recommend watching the program if you missed it.

Nate