Quoting Scott Raun (sraun at fireopal.org):
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 10:49:32PM -0000, Spencer Underground wrote:
> > Does anyone have an url for the latest cbos version. I have 2.2.0.000 on a
> > box. It seems lacking to the 2.3.2.019 I have been using on another router
> > for a few months.
>
> Well, my ISP (Infinity AccessNET) just pointed me at ver. 2.4.1, and
> recommended installing it. They've got it available at
> www.iaxs.net/downloads.

Ouch, got some bad known issues. I am not sure if everyone can access it, might
need a CCO login.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/dsl_prod/c600s/cbos/cbo240rn.htm#xtocid837810

Only 1 Windows machine can copy files at a time! HAHAHAH!

Ouch.     Symptom: Routing table updates are not received when RIPv2 is used.

DOUBLE ouch.     When you try to set a password, any uppercase characters are
converted to lowercase. Additionally, note that passwords set in a previous
version of CBOS do retain their case after the CPE software is upgraded to
Release 2.4.1.
Condition:

I'll cut-n-paste here:

Known Issues in CBOS Release 2.4

This section lists open issues for CBOS 2.4.

    * CSCds54769

    Symptom:
    When attempting to use two or more PCs behind a CPE to do a file transfer
with Microsoft networking to a Windows 2000 server, only one PC will be able to
copy a file at a time.
    Condition:
    This occurs only under the following conditions:

        * Microsoft networking is the file transfer mechanism

        * more than one PC is attempting to do a file transfer at the same time

        * the CPE is running NAT

        * the file transfer is attempted from a Windows 2000 server on the far
        * end of the connection.

    Workaround:
    Allow one PC at a time to do a file transfer using Microsoft networking, or
use another file transfer method, such as FTP.

    * CSCds60974

    Symptom:
    When the CPE is set up as a DHCP client and is receiving its IP address from
a DHCP server behind the terminating router (NRP on a 6400 or a 7200), the CPE
may not receive an IP address from the DHCP server.
    Condition:
    This occurs with RFC1483 routing configured on a CPE which is configured to
be a DHCP client and is trying to get DHCP information from a DHCP server over
the wan interface. This problem does not apply to PPP routing, as there is no
reason to use DHCP client functionality on the CPE in this situation; instead,
IPCP should be used to obtain the IP address. It also does not apply if the DHCP
server service is running on the 6400/7200; in this case, the CPE can receive an
IP address from the DHCP server on the terminating router.
    The problem that occurs is that the far-end DHCP server returns the IP
address forwarded as a broadcast. The terminating router (6400/7200) receives
this broadcast on its ethernet address, then, as it should, does not forward it
over the ATM interfaces.
    Workarounds:
    There are two possible workarounds:

        * Put an IP helper address on the Ethernet interface of the 6400/7200
        * that points to the original IP address of the CPE.

        * Do not to attempt to have the CPE receive an IP address from a DHCP
        * server over the WAN interface. The CPE, which is functioning as a
        * router, should have a static IP address. If necessary, this address
        * can be excluded from the DHCP server.

    * CSCds62558

    Symptom:
    When using auto-provisioning to configure DHCP pools for a CPE, if the first
pool is not configured, it will still be enabled and given default values of IP
10.0.0.2, netmask 255.255.255.0, and size 252. This will cause this pool to be
used first.
    Condition:
    This occurs when auto-provisioning is used to pass DHCP pool information to
a CPE and the first pool on the CPE is not configured.
    Workaround:
    Always configure the first pool on the CPE when using auto-provisioning.

    * CSCds82039

    Symptom:
    When you attempt to set the DHCP relay command to an interface, only the
wan0-0 interface is accepted as valid.
    Condition:
    This condition occurs when you attempt to use the eth0 interface for the
DHCP relay command; for example, when SDSL modems are being used in a
back-to-back environment.
    Workaround:
    No action is necessary. When the CPE is in the back-to-back configuration or
the CPE mode is set to CO, the DHCP relay requests automatically go out the eth0
interface, even though the sho dhcp relay command shows the relay interface as
wan0-0.

    * CSCds83490

    Symptom:
    Routing table updates are not received when RIPv2 is used.
    Condition:
    When the CPE device is configured with RIPv2 on a network with other RIPv2
routers, it does not receive routing table updates.
    Workaround:
    In addition to RIPv2 configuration, you must enable multicast forwarding on
the CPE device. The CPE device cannot recognize multicast addresses if multicast
forwarding is not enabled.

    * CSCds87618

    Symptom:
    When using multiple VCCs and VIP interfaces with PPP and NAT enabled, the
VIP interfaces default to NAT outside interfaces.
    Condition:
    To use NAT across the VIP interfaces you have to change them to NAT inside
interfaces.
    Workaround:
    Enter the following command:
    set interface vip0 inside
    or
    Do not use NAT when using the VIP interfaces. If you must use NAT, direct
all traffic to the wan0-0 interface. The wan0-0 interface remains as a NAT
outside interface.

    * CSCds87680

    Symptom:
    The show NVRAM command sporadically produces unintelligible results.
    Condition:
    This occurs occasionally when the command is abbreviated to sh nv.
    Workaround:
    Issue the complete command show nvram.

    * CSCds49083

    Symptom:
    The mask for ethernet 0 (eth0) can be set to all 255s.
    Condition:
    When the mask of eth0 is set to 255.255.255.255, the interface will not
appear in the routing table and is unusable.
    Workaround:
    Manually set the mask of eth0 to a number other than all 255s.

    * CSCds86083

    Symptom:
    When stats web command is entered on a CPE, the value of the field # of
current connections may be artificially high, up to a value of over 4 billion.
    Condition:
    This problem can occur when a web connection is established to the CPE and
left up for a prolonged period of time, such as overnight.
    Workaround:
    There is no workaround.

    * CSCds87384

    Symptom:
    When using multiple PVCs, for example, wan0-1 through wan0-7, and using the
stats ip wan0-x command, only wan0-0 will display anything other than 0s for the
statistics
    Condition:
    This occurs when using multiple PVCs and the stats ip command.
    Workaround:
    Obtain statistics on the amount of traffic by using other commands such as
show ppp, show rfc1483, or show int wan0-x.

    * CSCds87418

    Symptom:
    When NAT is enabled on a CPE and a global outside IP address has been
assigned via the command line interface (CLI) or auto-provisioning, but an IP
address is also being received via IPCP, the global outside IP address will be
that received via IPCP.
    Condition:
    This occurs under the following circumstances:

        * PPP routing is used on the CPE

        * NAT is enabled on the CPE

        * A global outside IP address is configured on the CPE from either the
        * CLI or via auto-provisioning for the wan0-0 interface; the wan0-1
        * through wan0-7 interfaces do not have this issue

        * The terminating route (6400 NRP or 7200) has been configured to pass
        * an IP address via IPCP to the CPE

    Workaround:
    There are two possible workarounds:

        * Configure the global outside IP address on the CPE or have the
        * terminating router pass an IP address via IPCP. This avoids any
        * potential conflicts between the global outside IP address on the
        * wan0-0 interface and the IP address to be received via IPCP.

        * Use the command line interface to set the following parameter:

        set ppp wan0-x ipcp IP address
        where x is the applicable interface and IP address is the desired global
outside IP address.

    * CSCds89064

    Symptom:
    When you try to set a password, any uppercase characters are converted to
lowercase. Additionally, note that passwords set in a previous version of CBOS
do retain their case after the CPE software is upgraded to Release 2.4.1.
    Condition:
    This occurs when using uppercase characters for both the exec or enable
passwords.
    Workaround:
The workaround is to use only lowercase characters.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500