This may be a little off topic, but I'm at a loss and am waiting for
word back from Powerquest...

I recently reloaded my desktop with the Windoze side (yeah, yeah.  But
there's just some things that aren't ported to Linux yet), and was
getting ready to do the Linux side.  I'm using Partition Magic 6.0 and
when I try to do the partition, I get an error saying that the partition
tables are invalid.  When using MS's fdisk, it only shows the one
partition at 42GB (it's a 45GB drive).  But in looking at the report
generated from Partition Magic, it shows a 95MB partition.

Partition Magic won't let me continue to make other partitions.  Here's
the log that was generated....

General System Information:
    Total Physical Memory (bytes):  267,866,112
    Used Physical Memory: (bytes):  105,717,760
    Maximum Page File Size: (bytes):  1,879,613,440
    Current Page File Size: (bytes):  78,585,856

===========================================================================================================
Disk Geometry Information for Disk 1:    5473 Cylinders,  255 Heads,  63
Sectors/Track
System              PartSect  # Boot BCyl Head Sect  FS    ECyl Head
Sect    StartSect     NumSects
===========================================================================================================
NO NAME                    0  0  80     0    1    1  0C     352  254
63           63   87,923,682
Info: Begin C,H,S values were large drive placeholders.
Info: End C,H,S values were large drive placeholders.
  Actual values are:
        0  0  80      0    1    1  0C   5472  254   63        63
87923682

===========================================================================================================
Disk Geometry Information for Disk 3:    96 Cylinders,  64 Heads,  32
Sectors/Track
System              PartSect  # Boot BCyl Head Sect  FS    ECyl Head
Sect    StartSect     NumSects
===========================================================================================================

===========================================================================================================
Partition Information for Disk 1:    42,931.5 Megabytes
Volume         PartType    Status    Size MB    PartSect  #   StartSect
TotalSects   UsedSects   FreeSects
===========================================================================================================
*:NO NAME      FAT32X      Pri,Boot 42,931.5           0  0          63
87,923,682  87,923,682           0

===========================================================================================================
Partition Information for Disk 3:    96.0 Megabytes
Volume         PartType    Status    Size MB    PartSect  #   StartSect
TotalSects   UsedSects   FreeSects
===========================================================================================================

===========================================================================================================
Boot Record for drive *:   (Drive: 1, Starting sector: 63, Type: FAT32)
===========================================================================================================
 1. Jump:                   EB 58 90
 2. OEM Name:               MSWIN4.1
 3. Bytes per Sector:       512
 4. Sectors per Cluster:    64
 5. Reserved Sectors:       32
 6. Number of FAT's:        2
 7. Reserved:               0x0000
 8. Reserved:               0x0000
 9. Media Descriptor:       0xF8
10. Sectors per FAT:        0
11. Sectors per Track:      63  (0x3F)
12. Number of Heads:        255  (0xFF)
13. Hidden Sectors:         63  (0x3F)
14. Big Total Sectors:      87923682  (0x53D9BE2)
15. Big Sectors per FAT:    10732
16. Extended Flags:         0x0000
17. FS Version:             0
18. First Cluster of Root:  2  (0x2)
19. FS Info Sector:         1
20. Backup Boot Sector:     6
21. Reserved:               000000000000000000000000
22. Drive ID:               0x80
23. Reserved for NT:        0x00
24. Extended Boot Sig:      0x29
25. Serial Number:          0x0E5C16E4
26. Volume Name:            NO NAME
27. File System Type:       FAT32
28. Boot Signature:         0xAA55

I really want to get Linux going on my desktop, but I can't afford to
just entirely blow Windows away.  Anyone have some ideas that will allow
me to retain my windows install and yet get other partitions made so
that I can dual boot to Linux?