Or you can apply the MS OutLook Security update which disables some of
the "features"
that allow this type of crap to happen.

http://www.microsoft.com/Office/ORK/2000/Journ/OutSDep.htm

We installed it on all of our client machines a few months ago and it
does a pretty good job
of stopping this kind of thing, the user can not even get to the
attachment.  Quite a few
people received the virus today but were not able to open the
attachment.

Stuff like calenders still work but any executable file is blocked from
the user, the sys
admin is the only one not running the update, that way if there is a
file we have to be able
to retrieve we can.  It works as well as anything from MS can.  :-P
Most users don't even
notice that it is running, although some of them do miss "Elf Bowling".

God help me if the sys admin is ever dumb enough to open a virus.  Or
maybe god will need to
help him.

SG, O.S.D.

P.S.  I am not too thrilled about running Exchange either but it was
that way when I moved
to IS from engineering.  Yes I am posting while booted into BeOS,
everyone has a weak spot.
I tried it two years ago and haven't been able to stop.

I am trying to learn everything, and failing.