On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 02:44:21PM -0600, Yaron wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Austad, Jay wrote:
> > I've alway just stuck my dns boxen outside and made sure they were secured
> > properly.
>
> Well, if I had an outside, I'd try that (:

I'm told that with a sufficiently current version of CBOS, you can do
that. Basically, you tell your ISP you need two IP addresses - one for
the Cisco, one for the inside PC. You tell the Cisco (which has to be
running the aforementioned 'sufficiently current version') that all
traffic to IP address x.x.x.x is allowed through, and it does.

If you really want it, I can dig out the minimum version of CBOS and
the technobabble - I don't remember exactly what Cisco calls it, but
one of my friends is doing it.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org