> True, but each package is compile for my system according to my
> make.conf.

This sounds really compelling.  You're telling me that the make
process for the entire system is tied into a base make.conf file in
/etc?  Sweet!

hmm... *grind grind grind...ping*  Let's say you have a 386/486 and
don't really like the idea of having to compile your packages on your
system; understandably so.  If you had a FreeBSD compile farm that
would take an upload of your make.conf and a status file of those
packages you've currently installed, then create a build directory
linkfarm (like the X build process), to create the binary for you.

Let's say you do 'make offworld' to launch this process. ;-)  Your
request would get thrown into a queue and an email would be sent to
you telling you your position on the queue and confirmation of your
request.  If you don't send in the confirmation, the compile process
is ignored.  If you do send it in, your request gets sent to the
active queue.  When the compile is finished, you are emailed the
binaries.

OK.  Enough brainstorming.  Back to work.

Maybe I'll have to try out FreeBSD. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD