On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Michael Hicks wrote:

> Or, if you're bored, have some shell programming skills, and know how to
> use `which', `ldd', and `strip', you can roll your own (`man init' would
> be the place to start).  Of course, considering that you only have 4MB
> of RAM, you might want to ditch bash as a shell and go with something a
> little smaller.

If you're going to do it this way, I would highly recommend looking at
busybox (search for it on freshmeat). It provides over a hundred of the
standard *nix utils (IIRC), including init and sh. It was originally
written for the Debian installer, but obviously has more general
applications.

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock