Hi guys,
A newbie here.  Does anyone else have trouble getting an AWE 64 card to
work with Mandrake 7.2?  I can get it to work if I run sndconfig at a
command prompt after I boot but it quits working as soon as I reboot.
If I configure it via DrakeConf it takes about 5 minutes to find it and
once again it only works until I reboot.  I had to install Mandrake/QNX
with the BIOS set to PNP OS yes to get it to work at all otherwise
nothing at all.  After install I set the BIOS PNP back to "no" or it
doesn't work either

I suppose I could try setting all of the IRQs manually via the BIOS but
then I would risk the card not working in Winders2K, BeOS and QNX RTP
(QNX has been a problem also).  I am new to Linux and don't even know
where to start here.  I checked the /etc/modules.conf and the settings
seem to be the same if it is working or not so I am guessing there is
somewhere else I need to be looking to solve this.  If someone could
point me to the files I need to modify, to get this to work without
having to run sndconfig each time I reboot it would be worth a few
beers, or maybe a burger at the Water Tower for those of you who don't
drink.
(Beers and burgers at the Water Tower both rock by the way.)

System:
Abit BP6 with dual Celery 400's (I went with Mandrake because it sets up
a SMP kernel automagiclly)
288MB RAM
3com 905 NIC
SB AWE 64 ISA PNP - I am considering a SB Live with all the trouble I am
having. $60 bucks at Nanosys.  www.nanosys1.com
30G WD hard drive with Win2K, BeOS, Mandrake Linux, and QNX RTP.
Viper 550 video.
Using Bootman on BeOS as a bootloader.

I am lost here, any help you can offer?

SG, o.S.D.

--
When you consider who I am, I am doing pretty good.