On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 11:04:10AM -0800, Scott Dagastino wrote:
>I have noticed too many buggy features (out of the
>box) with RH 6.2 and 7.0.  If I need an updated kernel
>or kde/gnome, I will download them and build it.  At
>least I know that 6.1 is pretty stable

RedHat's kernel is more like a forked version of the code than it is a linus
kernel. They add about 50 patches and still call it 2.2.18 (or whatever) when
in all actuallity it has most of the functionallity of a 2.4 kernel. Problem
is for developers who are hacknig in kernel space (like sistina) we are forced
to tell people that we only support stock kernels from an official kernel
mirror.

As far as distros are concerened I am about fed up with them all, I am
anxiously awaiting slack 7.2, debian's developers are making a nasty habit of
screwing things up lately and I am tired of dealing with it.

hence the recent convert to freebsd (which is very slick)

>--- Yaron <jethro at freakzilla.com> wrote:
>>   Hi,

>> of the
>> > (Ben would say) Install Debian.
>>

>> (Yaron would say, or in fact, IS saying) Why Red Hat
>> 6.1? I know some
>> people have problems with Red Hat 7.0 (I
>> didn't/don't) but at least put
>> 6.2 on there? I f you're needing CDs I'm sure we
>> could set you up...
>>
>> Also, are you running xterm or running it from a
>> menu? Does redhat still
>> do that weird nxterm thing?...
>>
>> -Yaron
>>
>> --

Ben Lutgens		cell: 612.670.4789    telnet bofh.jive.org 666
Sistina Software Inc.	work: 612.379.5941
Code Monkey Support (A.K.A. System Administrator)

   ~~----~~
mmmm.....beer