On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 06:13:55PM -0600, Andrew Nemchenko wrote:
>I remember that there was a heated discussion about keyboards a while ago. Some
>one was saying that there are these great keyboards I think they were Omnikey
>that everyone was said because they were not made any more. Was that the
>keyboard everone was mentioning?
The OmniKey keyboards by northgate systems... talk about the most tweaked out
keyboard! (I have an ultra) which has 3 (yes 3) different keyboard adapters on
the back of the thing, not to mention a button that's an auto ctrl-alt-delete,
and f1-12 + SF1-12, that's 24 function keys! Not to mention it's a clicker, my
personal favorite. (I can't stand the damn soft touch kb's anymore.) I haven't
a clue if they're actually manufactured anymore, but I've had mine for almost
12 years, and it's just awesome. Check northgate systems to see what they
still manufacture, but I have yet to find a keyboard with such an array of
options built in. Who woulda thought they'd make a keyboard 12 years ago, that
a hacker (myself) would fall in love with so much in todays market. Anyways,
if you find northgate before I do, I'd love to pick up a couple more,
otherwise I'm gonna start searching for them again.